Giving Back— “Every Child Deserves A Chance to Play Baseball.”
PCS is giving back and is thrilled to announce #monthlymindfulness. This is where we take time out of our daily routine and highlight a local charity or group that we find outstanding. Especially in today’s disposable world, where people consume things and are on to the next in a matter of minutes, we say take a pause. Above all, the idea behind our #monthlymindfulness is to slow down and appreciate the simple joys and pleasures in life, while bringing light to those in our community that are doing amazing things. Therefore, this month’s focus is The Miracle League.
Miracle League of North Alabama
“There is something about playing the game that lights up a person’s eyes; but for children and adults facing serious physical and mental disabilities that opportunity can often be difficult to achieve. Baseball diamonds weren’t exactly designed with wheelchairs and crutches in mind.”
The Miracle League removes the barriers that keep children with mental and physical disabilities off the baseball field and, most importantly, lets them experience the joy of America’s favorite pastime. In addition, they provide an unforgettable experience and help build relationships.
- The Miracle League is for everyone ages 5 and up with all disabilities to have the chance to play baseball.
- 3 age groups
- Minor League – ages 5 – 12
- Major League – ages 13 – 21
- Adult League – ages 22 & over
- Everyone plays, hits, rounds the bases and scores!
- Our field: Johnny Franklin Field is located at Brahan Springs Park
- Our special field has a surface that allows our players in wheel chairs, walkers and other mobility devices to navigate around the field safely.
- The Miracle League provides uniforms and equipment.
- All our programs are run at no cost to our players.
- Each team plays one baseball game per week
- Games can be on any night of the week, Monday through Friday
- Game times this year are at 6:00 pm and 7:15 pm
- 2021 Spring Season begins the week of April 12th and will run for 8 weeks.
How we show our gratitude—How you can too!
PCS will be donating $500 to The Miracle League this month, most importantly, to help foster self-esteem in the players as they share their love of baseball and meet new people. Giving back to our community is one of our core values here at PCS. In short, we are always looking for ways to give back to our local community. So feel free to reach out with suggestions for other charities or organizations.
The Miracle League uses a “buddy” system – pairing each player with an able-bodied peer. The result is a bond that cannot be described.
If you would like to learn more, volunteer, or donate to this amazing program please reach out today!
Have a question? Reach out today! (256) 513-8206
PCS Provides Total Secure IT Service
When is the last time you considered exactly what is at risk within your business? What’s in your Cyber stack? These questions and more are answered in our monthly blog posts.